Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I’ve been a busy little bee these last couple of weeks. Sales are through the roof…, which is just fine by me. As I like to joke with my customers; “I’d rather be complaining about too much business than not enough.” In fact, today I hit a major sales milestone. Since I ‘officially’ opened my business in March of 2002, I’ve sold over $1,000,000.00 in parts and accessories for the new Triumph Bonneville. To say the least, I’m totally blow-away with how fast this little venture of mine has grown.

Now, for those of you who have the impression that the whole $1M goes into my pocket, think again. That is my total gross sales… a far-far cry from my net earnings. But still, let’s just say that I’m not starving. But then again, I’m not rolling in cash. The true wealth in what I’m doing is being able to do something I enjoy doing. I feel blessed every day I roll out of bed.

Kudos to Classic Cycle in Roseville, Michigan. Suzanne & Lauren (pictured) threw a very nice Holiday party. I got there a little late, but still there were a few customers milling around and tons of good food. The shop had a new 06 Speed Triple in white that was pretty damn cool IMHO. The white bodywork really complemented the black chassis and engine. The shop tricked it out with some factory accessories and I’m sure it will not last long on the floor before some wise shopper snaps it up. Hell, it just might be me!

While I was in the back workshop, Classic Cycle’s ace mechanic Todd was showing me a wrecked Rocket III he was rebuilding. The bike was stripped of it’s bodywork and Todd started telling me how he thought the Rocket III would make a pretty cool sportbike with a little restyling. Talk about great minds thinking alike… I too think the R3 has great sportbike potential. Todd had some excellent ideas about relocating the fuel tank to the airbox location and replacing the airbox with some long velocity stacks. Cut-up the forward control mounts and move them to the mid-control position. And for God sake, ditch all the cheesy plastic bodywork. I of course suggested a 3-1 header with snaking head pipes in ceramic black. As Todd was throwing out ideas, I kept muttering, “I see the vision. I see the vision.”

So as we enter into the New Year, I wish all of you good health, happiness and excellent riding weather in 2006. And thank you so very much for your support these last few years.